Nuclear Brownie Ingredients:
- 1/2 lb butter
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 18 oz 60% cacao chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup sugar (8.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup flour (2.5 oz)
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Nuclear Brownie Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Liberally butter a 9x13 banking pan
- Melt butter, 9 oz (1/2) of the chips, and the unsweetened chocolate over a double boiler, when melted, let it cool.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla together.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture to the eggs, while whisking the egg mixture (tempering)
- Mix in flour and baking powder and salt.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips
- Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool and refrigerate overnight.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (10 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon (less if you feel so inclined)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar (~8 oz)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (3.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ~2 Cups of refrigerated Nuclear Brownies (8.5 oz) cut into 1/4" square, keeping the full height of the brownie. Cut off the edges and use the center for the bits.
- Preheat oven to 325 F, Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift or whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, set aside
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, dark brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in the brownie bits by hand using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a 4 minutes on the stove before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Reviews were good, I got an email from Taylor (Nathan and Jenny's daughter):
your cookies were good daddy and i liked them