Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread
Preheat oven to 325°.
- 10 ounces All Purpose Flour (~2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2.5 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie spice mix (I used Simply Organic)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspon salt
Spin the above ingredient in a food processor to combine, after the dust settles, put in a large mixing bowl.
- 12 ounces sugar (~1.5 cups)
- 3/4ths cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Spin this set of ingredient in the food processor to combine. After mixed combine with the dry ingredient, a few lumps are ok.
- 1 pound fresh pumpkin
Switch the food processor to the grater attachment and grate the fresh pumpkin. Using a kitchen towel, or plethora of paper towels, wring out water. Depending on the pumpkin you may get a lot of a little. Combine pumpkin with the mixture.
- 3.5 ounces of 70% chocolate (I use Lindt, in this situation)
Petite dice (1/4th inch cubed) the chocolate. Mix into the dough.
Pour dough into a non-stick 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
Bake loaf for 1 hour 15 minutes to, and this may just be my oven, Almost 2 hours. Until the loaf is 200°-210° internally. Cool in the pan for 15-30 minutes. Then on a baking rack.