A while...

This past weekend we headed down to Cedar Rapids. Scott and Jessica hosted a wine tasting party for a "January is Boring" party. It was quite fun. They had quite the spread of both foods and wines. Some brought and some for tasting. They had bottles that we all tasted, and were given clues as to what type of grape it was and where it came from. It was certainly a way to think of it. They also had an extra bottle of each wine that was the prize for the best written statement. I was a bit tipsy, so I got a bit silly....but I did win 1 of the 2 wines that I was very enamored with (the Matta's got the other). It was kind of funny, that after a bit the crew from Go Daddy (Jessica's Co-workers) who were apparently part of the marketing team, wasn't even trying to win...I asked about it, and it seemed to be related more to the insane hours that they've been working preparing for the Super Bowl. When we left their house, it was dreadfully cold, even through the alcohol haze....but after we got back to the Matta's I slept well. I had a lot of fun, I didn't make to much of an ass out of myself and I hope to go again. Certainly a good idea and fun too.

Monday we had a movie night. It was a bit off because Holly was taking a class on Thursday nights. I made a new recipie of bake make and cheese. I did some early prep work (grated cheese and made bread crumbs) on Sunday, which made monday go a bit smoother. I also used some La Quercia pancetta in the baked mac. It was quite good. I also cut off the pork skin from it and fried that up in a pan to become a wonderful crispy goodness.

After a good recharging weekend, I went back to the drudgery of work. I've by making my new hours 8-6 (about 35% more then my normal day). Quite a bit longer then my normal work day, but I am getting a lot done. Progress is being made. Am I going to make the dead line? I have my doubts, but I'm ok with that. It's still affecting my sleep, but when I actually get down, I tend to sleep all night.

I went to my sleep and lung doctor yesterday. My pressure level on my CPAP has been upped to 10 (of some measure of pressure).

I finally broke down and brought my iPod charger to work. It had stopped making it through the day (even the shorter one). Being that it's on it's second battery, it's not that surprising, but it's still a bit annoying. But it has been nice to be able to get all the way through the day with my iPod...