Well this will be another of the books week for the most part. I'm going to vaguley follow ideas from Grilled Rosemary Garlic Pork Roast (p18 Cook's Country June/July 2009)...but not really. Tonight Isaac will be back, along with my sister, a couple of her kids, and my parents, for dinner. I had a couple of ideas for doing this pork roast. One being using the chives out in the garden, some chives, onions and some other stuff. And doing a similar sort of treatment to the roasted potatoes. And make a salad as well. My other idea was to do a similar treatment, but replace the chives with chipotle peppers and adobo sauce...but I think maybe I'll do that for a movie night some night...since that might crank of the spice a bit to much.
So for tonight I'm planning:
- Cheese Course (some of my favorite Iowa Cheeses, optional)
- Chive and Onion Stuffed Pork Loin
- Olive Oil, Parmesan, Chive, covered roasted new potatoes (Yukon and red, Iowa Grown)
- Salad of Iowa grown fresh greens and feta, with a balsamic dijon mustard vinegrette
- German Chocolate Cake (from Let Them Eat Cake) and Vanilla Ice Cream
For the rest of the week:
- Duroc Pork Italian Sausage w/ tomatoes and Parmesan over pasta
- Pasta with Chicken Tomatoes and Feta (RC, Cook's Country June/July 2009)
- Green Chile Cheeseburgers (p23 Cook's Country June/July 2009)
Oh and Thanks Proof for refilling my desire to cook, I was kinda just going through the motions, but proof kind of set me off in a new direction.
If anyone knows where to get fresh figs around here, let me know.