So I don't remember the plot line exactly, but the dream was very vivid and strange. Anyways, general points:
- Aliens were trying to take over the world and were possessing humans through the base of the spine.
- The possessed humans could be hurt by punching them in the right side Where they resided.
- The possessed humans would say 3 words, pause look around, and then continue. It was a very jerky way of speaking.
- The aliens didn't know the differentiations between males and females and often times the females and males would be thing that would be out of character for them. Example being a woman standing at a urinal and then leaving.
- There were small groups of people that figured out the patterns and were able to blend in for the most part.
- The main alien possessed John Lithgow (yes he had a starring role in my dream). Lithgow's character had cancer of something on his right side, and so the punching in the right side didn't work so well...
- It was semi-serious and yet a parody at the same time...