I had trouble falling asleep on Friday night because I was just so excited about the Farmer's Market. Such a celebration of food! I stopped by Eden Farms, Foxhollow Farms , Sean and Becki at Juan O'Sullivan's, and Lois and Ben at Reichert's Dairy, among others.
We had quite a haul including a extra-extra sharp cheddar from Maytag Dairy. The sample that I had was just delightful, with a very long finish. It was nice to be able to do that again on a Saturday morning. It feels nice to get out in the morning and go again. And I only went over the money I had allotted to spend by 8.7%...
- Eden Farms Berkshire Pork burgers
- Eden Farms Berkshire Pork Applewood Smoked hot dogs
- Grilled Chicken Breasts and Chipotle-Cilantro Carrots with Feta (p69 Bon Appétit May 2010)
- Tuna Empanada (p107 Bon Appétit May 2010)
- Curried Pea Frittata with Fresh Tomato Chutney
- Beef Empanadas (p15 May and June 2010 Cook's Illustrated)